Collection of your Information
We collect your personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information as defined below (collectively, “Information”), at various places and through various mechanisms of our Website.
· Personally Identifiable Information: We collect your personally identifiable information (“PII”) if you voluntarily register on the Website and/or send a comment, question, or message to us. PII may include, without limitation, your name, email address, home or other physical address, telephone number, and any other information that may be used to identify you as a unique individual which you provide to us.
· Non-Personally Identifiable Information: When you visit our Website, we collect non-personally identifiable information about you (“NPII”), which may include, without limitation, demographic information (i.e., age, profession or gender), browser types, domain names, IP addresses [a number representing an internet protocol address and is automatically assigned to your computer as you browse the Internet], and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Website.
Use and Sharing of your Information
We may, and reserve the right to use and share your Information among our affiliates, partnerships, ventures, limited partners, vendors, service providers, and consultants, to respond to your request and follow up with you, send you e-mail notifications, news updates, and event invites, to gage support for projects, help administer and diagnose problems with the Website, for marketing or advertising purposes, including contacting you about goods and services, to provide building management services and to analyze user analytics, which include, without limitation, what areas users visit most frequently, what web sites they come from, what computer platform or device they use, which city or building they are connecting from, and what services on the third party’s website are being accessed most frequently, and in connection with a potential or actual sale or transfer all or part of our assets or related transaction. We may also use a third-party vendor to provide a platform for hosting the Website. Third parties are or will be contractually limited to only use your Information to the extent necessary to provide contractually requested goods or services and take reasonable steps to secure Information. We reserve the right to share any information collected through the Website with legal authorities if, in our sole opinion, it is necessary to investigate, prevent or otherwise necessary to take action regarding suspected fraud, situations involving threats or potential harm, if otherwise required by law or governmental order (such as by a subpoena, court order or other legal means), or if such disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce the rights, interests, or safety of the Website, its users or other third parties, or to limit our legal liability.
Web beacons, Cookies, and Google Analytics.
· A web beacon is an electronic file that is placed on a website, allowing the party that set the web beacon to monitor and collect certain information about the visitor, including, the type of browser downloading the web beacon, the IP address of the computer that the web beacon is sent to, the time the web beacon was viewed, and the URL of the page the web beacon originated from. We use web beacons on our Website to count visitors to the Website, to monitor how visitors use the Website, to access certain cookies, and for other related reasons.
How we Maintain a Secure Website.
We take reasonable steps to secure Information you provide us through our Website. Our Website uses SSL certificates. SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer, a global standard security technology that enables encryption of information between a web browser and a web server. Many online businesses and individuals utilize SSL to decrease the risk of information being stolen or tampered with. We also use firewalls and other industry-based, commercially reasonable security measures to ensure your Information is maintained in a secure environment. Although we endeavor to provide a secure Website and a secure environment for your Information, the Internet is not 100% secure and we therefore cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality of your Information or electronic communications, including your PII. We ask that you please consider this when you share any information with us and that you not disclose any sensitive information in any communications through our Website, including, without limitation, credit card numbers or social security numbers.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
We care about the safety of children and adhere to the federal privacy protection standards in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. We will never knowingly allow anyone under 13 to provide us with any PII. If you are a parent or a guardian of a child under 13 and you have reason to believe that such child has provided us with PII, please contact us and we will use reasonable efforts to promptly delete the child's information from our servers.
Your California Privacy Rights
· DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE: California law requires that we indicate how we respond to “Do Not Track” signals in a web browser. Do Not Track is a web browser setting you can set up which requests that a web application disable its tracking of you. When you turn on a Do Not Track signal, your browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track you. At this time, our Website does not recognize and we do not respond to automated browser signals regarding Do Not Track browser settings or signals. We may, and third parties may collect Information from you even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal. For information about Do Not Track, visit here.
· SHINE THE LIGHT ACT: If you reside in California, have an established business relationship with us, and if we have disclosed your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may request a list of the categories of personal information that we have so disclosed during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and the names and addresses of all such third parties. You can make a request one time each year. To request this information, please write to us at the address below and reference the Shine the Light Act. We will respond within 30 days of receiving your communication if made through the designated channels. Otherwise, we will respond within a reasonable time, but no more than 150 days.
You may use the NAI opt out tool which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and other NAI-approved member companies. For mobile opt outs, the NAI provides instructions to engage system-level opt-outs in Android, iOS and Windows Phone environments. You can access the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to specifically prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics.
Unsubscribing from Future E-mails
Any time you receive an email from us, there is a link at the bottom which you can use to unsubscribe from future emails. Once unsubscribed, you will not receive emails from us in the future unless you subsequently re-renter your information on the Website.
Requests to Delete Information
There is currently no online mechanism for you to view, edit, or delete your Information. If you would like us to delete your PII, please contact us at the address below and we will use reasonable efforts to do so. If we cannot make the changes you want, we will let you know and explain why. In any case, we reserve the right to retain backup files of your PII for our archival purposes or to comply with applicable law.
Contacting us with questions or concerns